February 11, 2010

A few reminders for the coming week:

TONIGHT (Friday):  Movie Night!!!
7 pm in the Prince Room for "Millions" -- or a possible alternative depending on the audience! 

This Sunday, February 14th, the Last Sunday after the Epiphany: Regular service schedules with holy eucharist at 8 and 10. 
Happy Valentine's Day ..... "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God." [1 Jn 4:7]

PREPARE FOR A HOLY LENT

Shrove Tuesday, Feb. 16: Pancake Supper
Mardi Gras spirit! Join us for pancakes, sausage, homemade applesauce, and "our own" Grace-South" maple syrup. Proceeds will go to Haiti relief. Invite your friends. Masks welcome but not required.

Ash Wednesday, Feb. 17: Imposition of Ashes and Holy Eucharist.
Services at noon and 7 pm. If you have last year's palms at home, bring them in on Sunday or Wednesday. The evening liturgy will begin with the burning of palms.

An Anonymous sixteenth century poem
to send you on your way:

Now have  good day, now have good day.
I am Shrovetide, and now I go my way.

But often times I have heard say
That one is loath to part away
That often biddeth "have good day,"
   Now have good day.

I take my leave of king and knight,
And earl, baron, and lady bright,
To wilderness I must delight,
   Now have good day.

And from the good lord of this hall,
I take my leave, and of guests all:
Methinks I hear Lent doth call,
   Now have good day.

Blessings, All!  See you in church.
Heidi+