June 30, 2016

The Procession begins
 Don’t miss the picnic picture gallery at the end of this MEMO.

This coming Sunday, July 3rd, and the Seventh Sunday after Pentecost, we will have ONE service only at 9 AM. This will be a service of Baptism and Holy Eucharist. I hope you will join us as we receive Peter Priestman into the household of God through water and the Holy Spirit. The coffee hour will be hosted by Stewardship and Finance Committees.

Readings for Sunday: 2 Kings 5:1-14, Psalm 30, Galatians 6:1-16, Luke 10:1-11, 16-20

Friends, a gentle reminder….Friday evening July 15  is fast approaching!  If you plan on attending Heidi and Duane's celebration, you must  RSVP  by July 6; Call the office at 323-8515, email StAndrewsCelebration@gmail.com or speak directly to Chris Mills, Carol Tubman, Lisa Thompson, Jen Huckman or Sally Degroot. 

Many thanks to everyone who made last Sunday’s All-Parish Picnic at White Lake State Park such a success – Carol and Hettie for organizing and purchasing the food, Duane for transporting the grills, David and Deacon Kevin (grill masters), Lisa and Sammie (our altar-guild-on-the-road) for their careful organizing and transporting, Duane for providing keyboard and leading the choir, all of You for your spirited and welcoming presence, participation, and tasty food contributions, and Almighty God and Mother Nature for providing us with such a splendid summer day in which to offer our praise and thanksgivings and delight in community!

Schedule reminders:
Sunday, July 3: ONE service only at 9 AM
Saturday, July 9: Memorial service for Andrea Dassori at 11 AM
Sunday, July 10: Services at 8 and 10 AM
Wednesday, July 13: Women’s Lunch Bunch at Mountain View Station Restaurant at noon
Friday, July 15: Farewell Celebration for Heidi and Duane at 6 pm
Sunday, July 17: Heidi’s last day – ONE service at 10 AM

Food for thought…
As I have been doing the difficult, reflective, and satisfying work of dismantling my office and sorting of my belongings at home, I came across this poem by Mary Oliver. It spoke to me. Perhaps it will to you as well…

Storage
When I moved from one house to another
there were many things I had no room
for. What does one do? I rented a storage
space. And filled it. Years passed.
Occasionally I went there and looked in,
but nothing happened, not a single
twinge of the heart.

As I grew older the things I cared
about grew fewer, but were
more important. So one day I undid the lock
and called the trash man. He took
everything.

I felt like the little donkey when
his burden is finally lifted. Things!
Burn them, burn them! Make a beautiful
fire! More room in your heart for love,
for trees! For the birds who own
nothing––the reason they can fly.

[Although I would note the joy and satisfaction of giving things away, not just burning!]

You are all close in my heart as we go through these closing days together.

Blessings and love,
Heidi+

Picnic pics